• MISR does not adopt cats to any applicant under 25 yrs of age.
• MISR reserves the right to deny any application, for any reason, without disclosure.
• Existing cats in the home must be indoor-only cats. All MISR cats are indoor-only cats.
• Existing cats within the home must be tested negative for both Feline Leukemia and FIV.
• Existing animals within the home must be up to date on vaccines.
• Existing cats in the home must be spayed or neutered.
• No cats or kittens can be given as gifts. Gift certificates towards an adoption are available.
• Adoption applications and vet reference forms are valid for six months from date of approval. After 6 months, a new adoption application and vet reference check will be required.
• MISR discourages adoptions to households with 5 or more animals.
• MISR does not allow declawing of any of our kittens or cats.
* MISR does not allow adoption by college students as we feel this is an unstable situation.
• MISR strongly prefers to place all kittens "in pairs" when possible. Kittens under 4 months of age must be adopted with a littermate, another kitten, or an adult feline companion cat unless the adopter already has another cat already in the household.
• Kittens will not be adopted to homes with children under the age of 7 years, except on a case by case consideration.
• Kittens under 4 months of age will only be placed in a home with a dog if the dog has been previously exposed to cats and proven to be cat friendly.
Kittens Policy - between 4 months and 6 months of age
• We strongly prefer to place all kittens "in pairs" when possible, unless a companion kitty is already in the household or the kitten will have human companionship the majority of the time.
• Kittens will not be placed in homes with children under the age of 7years, except on a case by case consideration.
• We will adopt cats to approved out of state applicants, however ground transportation arrangements are solely the responsibility of the adopter.
• We will not ship cats via airline, although they may travel on a case by case approved basis, along with a passenger within the cabin of the aircraft. No cat will be shipped as cargo, ever.
• Upon application approval, we will make every effort to work with your travel arrangements, but please understand we can not "hold" a cat for you while you spend several weeks arranging transport. Generally we would like the cats to move on to their forever homes as quickly as possible.
These are our Standard Policies. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis, as applicable to a particular cat, circumstances, and/or potential homes.